schedule: 09.00 — 18.00 H
Inscription: 200 EURO
soon to be announced
Stop just looking at the building and listen to its story. This four day workshop will focus on sharing an approach which includes much more than just taking a series of photographs of a building. Vernacular photography, research, live interviews and testimonies will be part of the project which will aim at bringing to light the way a building in the center of Athens with a historical dimension or a symbolical value interacts with its environment, with the people who had been part of its making, but also with all those who will be/are influenced by its presence. Matteo Balduzzi, curator, and Panayiotis Lambrou, photographer, will be guiding participants in this process in order for all to detect the “roots” of the building as well as create new ones by casting a more intimate glance.
This Workshop will take place in collaboration with TransEurope Co-ordinators.
- Presentation of the experts’ professional career and short lecture on their work
- Expert and peer portfolio reviews
- Deconstruction of works
- Focus on urban landscape; buildings – people – environment
- Vernacular photography, research, live interviews and testimonies will be part of the project
- Study, analysis and selection of the photographs taken
This intense workshop allows you to:
- Receive guidance from international experts
- Explore the urban environment and its elements
- Learn how to build narration and storytelling
- Get full focus on your work while being surrounded by like-minded fellow photographers and experience a strong peer-to-peer learning aspect
There is the option to use a wooden bike for the needs of this project offered by Coco-Mat Bike!
- A (digital) showcase will be presented during the Transeurope Athens exhibition in November 2019
- Depending on the stage of your work you will also have the possibility of being featured at one of Coco-Mat Company’s top locations around Europe.
- TransEurope platform/social media and Eyesculture will further use their network to promote the participants’ work.
Who can apply?
This workshop is open to all those who
- Either have an on-going project and wish to develop it further.
- Any photographer or avid user of the photographic medium who is eager to approach in a new light a new project and learn all there is for PhotoBooks.
Check HOW TO APPLY
Participation fee (395€): registration
(+20€ registration fee)
Pre-inscription fee to secure your place (200€)
Click on Inscribe Now.
By submitting your application at any of TransEurope / Eyesculture events you agree to the Policies and terms and conditions.