establish photographer vision profile recognition
Lewis Bush — Workshop
The photography world is highly competitive, but it is also a rewarding career that can allow you to pursue your personal interests and creative vision. Many photographers however make basic mistakes when trying to establish themselves, not fully preparing their work for example, or having no online profile for the photography world’s stakeholders. In this one-day workshop we will consider the many different ways that you can start to establish yourself as a photographer, gaining profile and recognition in the field. Topics for discussion during the workshop include:
- We will discuss the importance of having a clear and carefully created vision of yourself as a photographer, and how to select work which represents this to other people.
- We will look at the importance of establishing yourself online, with recognisable social media and website profiles.
- We will look at creative activities including exhibition, publishing, speaking, and teaching which can boost your visibility to a national and international audience.
- We will also talk about ways to find support and guidance in the field, including through professional mentoring and by establishing peer groups with other likeminded photographers.If you have any problem with your inscription or payment, please contact to the coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment can be done in two ways
If you choose PayPal: you can do it through PayPal account or by Credit card
If you choose Cash: you can do it at the venue or by Bank Transfer.Before making the inscription, read How to participate
- Workshop will be englishRead
- TransEurope experts: Alexandra Athanasiadou, Vangelis Ioakimidis
Lewis Bush is a photographer, writer, curator and educator. After studying history and working in international development he began working with photography in 2012. His work explores the workings of contemporary power, from the aggressive redevelopment of London, to the systemic inequalities of the art world. He has recently completed Shadows of the State, which has maps the covert radio stations used by intelligence agencies. Bush has written extensively on photography, and between 2011 and 2016 he ran the Disphotic blog. He has curated numerous exhibitions and is lecturer in documentary photography at London College of Communication.