Image – Context – Project – Exposure
Moritz Neumüller — Workshop
schedule: 09.00 — 19.00 H
Inscription: 200 EURO
soon to be announced
With the support of
The purpose of art, visual narratives and all other forms of creative endeavour is to be perceived by others. In terms of images (still or moving), this means publishing, screening, exhibiting. To get your work out there. However, the laws of the artworld and the rules of (self-)publishing are hard to understand. Moreover, they often seem obscure and at times even surreal. How do we find a theme, a context, a conceptual frame for our projects? When is a project ready for exposure?
This workshop is addressed at artists working with visual narratives through any lens-based media who wish to learn more about the possibilities of presenting their work to a wider audience. Using a hands-on methodology, participants will learn about the challenges and benefits of publishing, exhibiting, screening or staging their work.
This Workshop will take place in collaboration with TransEurope Co-ordinators.
- Presentation of the expert’s professional career and short lecture on his work
- Expert and peer portfolio reviews
- Deconstruction of works
- Focus on publishing, exhibiting, screening or staging work
- Learn how to present work at an audience
- Study, analysis and selection of the photographs taken
This intense workshop allows you to:
- Receive guidance from an international expert
- Explore the potentials of PhotoBooks
- Learn all about publishing from start to finish
- Get full focus on your work while being surrounded by like-minded fellow photographers and experience a strong peer-to-peer learning aspect
- A (digital) showcase will be presented during the Transeurope Athens exhibition in November 2019
- Depending on the stage of your work you will also have the possibility of being featured at one of Coco-Mat Company’s top locations around Europe.
- TransEurope platform/social media and Eyesculture will further use their network to promote the participants’ work.
Who can apply?
This workshop is open to all those who
- Either have an on-going project and wish to develop it further.
- Any photographer or avid user of the photographic medium who is eager to approach in a new light a new project and learn all there is for PhotoBooks.
Check HOW TO APPLY
Participation fee (295€): registration
(+20€ registration fee)
Pre-inscription fee to secure your place (200€)
Click on Inscribe Now.
By submitting your application at any of TransEurope / Eyesculture events you agree to the Policies and terms and conditions.
Moritz Neumüller, is a Barcelona-based curator, educator and writer in the field of Photography and New Media. He has worked for institutions such as MoMA New York, La Fábrica Madrid and PhotoIreland Festival. He is the academic director of the Photography Department of IED Madrid, and a regular contributor to magazines such as European Photography, FOAM and Photoresearcher.
Since 2010, he runs the The Curator Ship, an online resource for visual artists. Recent curatorial work includes projects for the Daegu Biennial (Korea), Photobook Week Aarhus (DK), and The Birmingham Library (UK). Most recently, others like the exhibition Photobook Phenomenon at CCCB Barcelona, and The Routledge Companion to Photography and Visual Culture, published by Taylor & Francis New York in 2018.