Impact through Extinction
schedule: — H
Inscription: 200 EURO
With the support of
A workshop for photographers & visual storytellers
Are you a photographer concerned with the topic of ‘Extinction’ in any shape or form, documentary or conceptually? Are you looking to move your work forward and find forms and new channels for distribution? Do you want to get a week of full focus on your work together with like minded peers under guidance and the Greek sun? Then continue reading.
Extinction is a situation in which something no longer exists. We talk about extinction of species or plants and worry about our own human extinction. Ideas, behaviour and social constructs can become extinct for better or worse. Extinction can also be seen more broadly as the elimination of anything that previously was.
Transeurope is teaming up with Transformations, PHmuseum, Coco-Mat Company and Fotomat to help photographers produce relevant visual stories and create exposure for their work. During a 5 day programme a maximum of 15 photographers and visual artists will get the opportunity to amplify the impact of their stories through personal coaching and collaborative practises.
This Workshop is part of Eyes on Nature Workshop Series/Eyesculture.com. It will take place in collaboration with Panayotis Lamprou, Creative Director of Coco-Mat Bikes and TransEurope Co-ordinators.
The main trainers are curators and educators Rebecca Simons and Eefje Ludwig, both founding members of Transformations and experienced photography coaches.
(Click also on their names to read their bio: Rebecca Simons & Eefje Ludwig).
The workshop programme will touch upon topics such as:
- Finding relevant stories (beyond the cliche)
- How to write good project proposals
- Setting up project planning and impact goals
- The importance and practice of editing
- Finding partners and (the right) audience for your project
This will be applied to your proposed project (idea) on the theme ‘Extinction’, but where needed could also be applied to your general portfolio or other work. In an intimate and supportive atmosphere, you will take part in inspirational lectures, presentations, group critiques, practical exercises and editing sessions. Together we will move your work forward, consider suitable outputs, target audiences and create an impact plan. You will also have the possibility to producing new/ additional work during the week. We will also focus on bundling the forces of the group by creating a collective showcase around the theme.
This intense workshop allows you to:
- Receive guidance from experts in the industry, with extensive experience in storytelling, producing, editing, curation, fundraising and coaching.
- Get full focus on your work while being surrounded by like minded fellow photographers and experience a strong peer-to-peer learning aspect, in a beautiful, peaceful and visually appealing place like Galani
- Receive a 20% discount on bookings on online private mentoring sessions with PHmuseum education program and get the chance to be featured on PHmuseum communication channels.
- Get online sessions with a selection of PHmuseum mentors with the option of online follow up after the workshop.
- Get a Fotomat session helping you with your online presence.
- A (digital) showcase will be presented during the Transeurope Athens exhibition in November 2019
- A digital showcase through an online website created by Fotomat.
- Depending on the stage of your work you will also have the possibility of being featured on PHmuseum channels and at one of Coco-Mat Company’s top locations around Europe.
- Transformations will further use its network to further promote the collective campaign.
- TransEurope platform/social media and Eyesculture will further use their network to promote the collective campaign.
Who can apply?
We ask applying photographers:
- To have some experience producing your photographic projects and a desire to learn.
- To have a basic understanding and speaking of English
- To have a story idea or worked developed around the theme of ‘Extinction’.
- To bring a portfolio of other relevant photographic work.
- Dates: 1st – 6th of October
- Arrival day: Tuesday 1st of October (before 19.00)
- Departure day: Sunday 6th of October (no later than 12.00)
Do not forget to check HOW TO APPLY procedure
- Deadline for submitting your application: Open now until 13th of September
- Your participation will be confirmed to you by: 15th of September
STEP 1. Participation fees include accommodation for four nights, so make a choice according to your preference before making the deposit.
- 495€ (single bed in a double room)
- 395€ (common room)
STEP 2. Make the deposit.
1. In one installment by 16th of September
- Participation fee and stay in single bed in a double room 495€ (+20€ registration fee): registration
- Participation fee and stay in common room 395€ (+20€ registration fee): registration
2. In two installments
- Pre-inscription fee to secure your place (200€) by 16th of September. Click on inscribe now
- Second installment: balance by 20th of September.
STEP 3. You are done! You will receive a confirmation e-mail. Welcome to the workshop!
Coco-Mat Villa at Galani Village, Xanthi (Northeast Greece)
Galani Village is near the town of Xanthi at the Northeast of Greece.
The workshop will be held at a Coco-Mat picturesque villa, surrounded by a green landscape (nearby runs Nestos, a well known river for its biodiversity that hosts many different flora and fauna species), where you can experience the natural way of living and working.
Closest airports to Xanthi: Kavala 47km and Thessaloniki 224km.
Coco-Mat Bike will offer a wooden bike to each participant to move around during the days of the workshop!
More info soon to be announced.
By submitting your application at any of TransEurope / Eyesculture events you agree to the Policies and terms and conditions.