Mishka Henner — Workshop
schedule: 09.00 — 18.00 H
Inscription: 200 EURO
Onassis Cultural Centre [Space: Workshop for Education Programs]
Address: 107 – 109 Syngrou Avenue
With the support of
A workshop exploring the potential of documentary in the digital age.
For the past decade, Mishka Henner has developed a unique method of working that combines the masses of data available online with the ubiquity of digital photography. The results are radical new ways of seeing that have helped visualise previously hidden systems of power.
In this four-day workshop, Mishka will discuss his ideas in-depth, share his working methods, and collaborate with you to develop new and/or existing projects. This will involve exploring different online resources, shaping found material into visual responses, and discussing different ways how the work might circulate in the world.
The workshop is aimed at those with a burning curiosity and who are keen to make discoveries on an eclectic range of geo-political subjects.
This Workshop will take place in collaboration with TransEurope Co-ordinators.
- Presentation of the expert’s professional career and short lecture on his work
- Expert and peer portfolio reviews
- Deconstruction of works
- Combination of online data with digital photography
- Explore different online resources, shape found material into visual responses, learn different ways to work with this materialli>
- Study, analysis and selection of the photographs taken
This intense workshop allows you to:
- Receive guidance from an international expert
- Explore the potentials of Data – Internet – New Visual Codes
- Discover Geo-political issues
- Get full focus on your work while being surrounded by like-minded fellow photographers and experience a strong peer-to-peer learning aspect
- A (digital) showcase will be presented during the Transeurope Athens exhibition in November 2019
- Depending on the stage of your work you will also have the possibility of being featured at one of Coco-Mat Company’s top locations around Europe.
- TransEurope platform/social media and Eyesculture will further use their network to promote the participants’ work.
Who can apply?
This workshop is open to all those who
- Either have an on-going issue-based project and wish to develop it further.
- To any photographer or avid user of the photographic medium who is eager to approach in a new light a new project and has a burning curiosity to make discoveries on an eclectic range of geo-political subjects.
Check HOW TO APPLY
Participation fee (395€): registration
(+20€ registration fee)
Pre-inscription fee to secure your place (200€)
Click on Inscribe Now.
By submitting your application at any of TransEurope / Eyesculture events you agree to the Policies and terms and conditions.
Mishka Henner (b.1976, French British Belgian) exhibited at MoMA New York, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Turner Contemporary, Margate, Hasselblad Foundation, Goterborg, and Örebro konsthall amongst others. Works collected by the Arts Council England collection, Victoria & Albert Museum, New York Public Library, and the Cleveland Museum of Art amongst others. Received the world’s smallest photography award, the Kleine Hans award, in 2011 and awarded the ICP Infinity Award for Art in New York in 2013. Part of the ABC Artists’ Books Cooperative. Lives and works in Manchester, England.