The heart of an image
David Jiménez — Workshop
schedule: — H
Inscription: 200 EURO
This is a workshop that aims in exploring the fine line between reality and our fluctuating perception of it. During these four days David Jimenez will try to deconstruct pre-existing ways of understanding, and help participants in finding their own voice. His theoretical strategy will include discussing different concepts related to the way we see reality and the nature of images, the multiple ways we can use the variables of the medium to express our ideas, as well as studying a wide spectrum of artists, to demonstrate the variety of ways poetic concepts translate into an expressive personal style. After that the participants will be going out into nature in the unique surroundings of Galani and experience the creative process through an experimental approach. If you already have a work in progress you are encouraged to bring it along and David will help you to develop it further. The aim is finding the elusive heart of the image, as it were, or at least getting closer to our own understanding of it.
This Workshop is part of Eyes on Nature Workshop Series/Eyesculture.com. It will take place in collaboration with Panayotis Lamprou, Creative Director of Coco-Mat Bikes and TransEurope Co-ordinators.
This intense workshop allows you to:
- Receive guidance from experts with extensive experience in storytelling, producing, editing, curation and coaching.
- Get the opportunity to revise your existing work or create a new one
- Get full focus on your work while being surrounded by like-minded fellow photographers in a beautiful, and visually appealing place like Galani
- Get exposure
- All participants’ works will be presented during the Transeurope Athens exhibition in November 2019 in a digital showcase.
- Depending on the level of your work you will also have the possibility of being featured at one of Coco-Mat Company’s top locations around Europe.
- TransEurope platform/social media and Eyesculture will further use their network to promote the participants’ work.
Who can apply?
This workshop is open to all those who
- Either have an on-going project and wish to develop it further (preferably in reference with the environment).
- Any photographer or avid user of the photographic medium who is eager to approach in a new light any issue of interest that falls under the thematic scope “Eyes on Nature”
- Dates: 26th -30th of September
- Arrival day: Thursday 26th of September (arrive no later than noon)
- Departure day: Monday 30th of September (departure has to be after 14.00)
Do not forget to check HOW TO APPLY procedure
- Deadline for submitting your application: Open now until 13th of September
- Your participation will be confirmed to you by: 15th of September
- STEP 1. Participation fees include accommodation for four nights, so make a choice according to your preference before making the deposit.
- 495€ (single bed in a double room)
- 395€ (common room)
STEP 2. Make the deposit.
1. In one installment by 16th of September
- Participation fee and stay in single bed in a double room 495€ (+20€ registration fee): registration
- Participation fee and stay in common room 395€ (+20€ registration fee): registration
2. In two installments
- Pre-inscription fee to secure your place (200€) by 16th of September. Click on inscribe now
- Second installment: balance by 20th of September.
STEP 3. You are done! You will receive a confirmation e-mail. Welcome to the workshop!
Coco-Mat Villa at Galani Village, Xanthi (Northeast Greece)
Galani Village is near the town of Xanthi at the Northeast of Greece.
The workshop will be held at a Coco-Mat picturesque villa, surrounded by a green landscape (nearby runs Nestos, a well known river for its biodiversity that hosts many different flora and fauna species), where you can experience the natural way of living and working.
Closest airports to Xanthi: Kavala 47km and Thessaloniki 224km.
Coco-Mat Bike will offer a wooden bike to each participant to move around during the days of the workshop!
More info soon to be announced.
By submitting your application at any of TransEurope / Eyesculture events you agree to the Policies and terms and conditions.